Roving Field Operations Management Advisor
The primary purpose of the Roving Field Operations Management Advisor will be to provide in-country support to Country Offices (COs) by deploying for long periods (2-3 months).
Those deployments will be focused on 1) reviewing the processes and ways of working in place in Field Offices across the country, looking at all aspects of field office management (operational management, program management, financial management, HR, Supply Chain, Admin, Safety & Security, Safeguarding, etc.), 2) identifying issues and providing hands-on tools and guidance for improvements, and 3) fixing through lasting solutions immediate problems that s/he will have identified during his/her deployment.
During deployments, the role could also ensure smooth start-up at field level of critical/high-risk regional, national or area programmes whilst recruitment for permanent positions is ongoing.
When not deployed, the Roving Field Operations Management Advisor will play a key role in the regional operations team by supporting the Regional Programme Operations Director and the Regional Operations Manager in various duties.
- Recommended a minimum of 5 years of project management experience in INGO/NGO environment, including at least one field operations experience Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in development or other social sciences or equivalent working experience
- Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-pacing working environment
- Experience of INGO/NGO emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- Good knowledge of international humanitarian systems and standards, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Good experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional and integrated teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken French and working knowledge of English
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and to be deployed up to 50% with short notice
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Contract length: 6 months renewable subject to business needs and funding availability
Location: Home based or in any country office in West & Central Africa region with SCI presence
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Date advertised: 4 May 2021
Closing date: 17 May 2021 - 23:59 GMT
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time